Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfait
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until rice is soft and milk is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, and serve cold. To serve, spoon pudding into dishes. Top with fruit; sprinkle with almonds and coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 291 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 6, 2018
Recipe ingredients indicate 1 1/2 C of cooked rice while the directions say to add first 5 ingredients & cook until rice is soft. This is confusing, should the rice be cooked prior or cook rice with milk & other ingredients??? Please verify. Thank You!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.