- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1-1/3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping and additional pecans if desired. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Chocolate Dream Dessert
"Wonderful recipe, and just enough that you don't get tired of it. I used the suggestion of butterscotch pudding (cooked kind,) and it was delicious."
"chocolate is my absolute favorite, but I actually like this one better with butterscotch pudding."
"Have yet to make this one but we call it "chocolate Delight" here. Looks delicious!"
"This is fantabulous! And so easy to make. Definitely a keeper."
"Very good and very easy!"
"Another name for this is "taste of heaven". It is just right on a hot day with good flavors."
"Very easy, fast. taste great.would definitely make again"