Heavenly Drinking Chocolate
The name says it all—sipping this beverage is like drinking a heavenly blend of dark and milk chocolate. Top off each mug with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bars (3-1/2 ounces each) 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the chocolates, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream.
Originally published as Heavenly Drinking Chocolate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.