Heavenly Drinking Chocolate
The name says it all—sipping this beverage is like drinking a heavenly blend of dark and milk chocolate. Top off each mug with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bars (3-1/2 ounces each) 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the chocolates, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream.