My family loves cranberries but we can only get them fresh during the holiday season. This recipe lets us enjoy the tartness of cranberry with the comfort of oatmeal all-year long. —Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 45 Superfoods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Top servings with cinnamon-sugar, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal in Country Woman October/November 2013, p34