My family loves cranberries but we can only get them fresh during the holiday season. This recipe lets us enjoy the tartness of cranberry with the comfort of oatmeal all-year long. —Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 25 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Top servings with cinnamon-sugar, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal in Country Woman October/November 2013, p34
Reviews forCranberry-Walnut Oatmeal
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2016
"Seriously??? Buy several bags of fresh cranberries in November or December and freeze them. VOILA -- fresh cranberries all year long. Less sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, no leaching from the inside of a tin can"