- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups sliced peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries, apple, almonds and orange peel. In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to fruit mixture and toss gently. Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; add filling. Drizzle with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; cut slits in top crust. Seal and flute edges. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Apple-Nut Pie
"Excellent pie, it has a nice tartness from the cranberries. I didn't add the almonds. Will definitely be making this again!"
"Delicious! I made a butter crust for it, and used orange marmalade instead of orange zest. Cut back on the sugar to 1 2/3 cup because of the marmalade. Looks awesome and tastes awesome!"