Comforting Coffee Milk
This recipe is special to me because the delicious ingredients and flavors speak for themselves without those extra preservatives. Now that’s refreshing! —Brenda Schrag, Farmington, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1-1/3 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional baking cocoa
- In a large saucepan, combine first five ingredients over medium heat to just simmering (do not boil), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add maple syrup and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with coffee milk. Dust with additional cocoa.