I've been a vegetarian since high school, so modifying recipes to fit my meatless requirements is a challenge I enjoy. This soup tastes rich and creamy and is packed with nutrients! —Carissa Sumner, Washington, Washington DC
Featured In: 56 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 medium potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, coconut milk, potato and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until potato is tender. Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions.
- Stir rice into soup. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p23
Reviews forCoconut Curry Vegetable Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2018
"Both my husband and I like curry soups. This recipe was simple and delicious. Excellent!"