Coconut Angel Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cake cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut; beat on low just until combined.
- Spoon over cake cubes. Spread with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers.
Mar 21, 2013
very good recipe, plan to make it for work next week.
Jul 22, 2011
My family absolutely loved this! Because my husband is diabetic, I used s/f pudding, s/f cool whip, no sugar added Ice Cream, and no sugar added angel food cake and it was perfect! Following the directions for when to use a wisk and when to use a mixer, I had no problem with it being liquidy at all. Will make this MANY more times!
Jan 28, 2010
Excellent recipe - Have used it for 3/4 catering jobs with rave reviews. To keep it from being "runny" be sure your pudding is fairly set up and be sure to refrigerate it well before you try to serve it. My ice cream was almost liquid and it did not affect the consistancy.
Aug 13, 2009
I made this and it was very good, i left out the ice cream because it was too runny....very good if u like angel food cake.
Aug 10, 2008
This dessert is wonderful. I brought it to work and the next day had to bring 7 copys back.Its oh so good
Jun 22, 2008
This dessert had a wonderful taste. However, the filling was extremely runny and a spoon was needed to serve and eat it.