Chuck Wagon Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 6 hot dogs, halved and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1142mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 29, 2012
I have made this recipe several times since I first found it and it makes for a good down-home meal. I have received compliments whenever I fix it for family or friends. I agree, it does make good camping fare.
Jul 29, 2010
This chili is great camping fare. The "hot dogs" in the ingredients threw me for a bit until I realized they were frankfurters or wieners only, without the buns (to me a "hot dog" is a frankfurter-in-a-bun sandwich).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.