Chuck Wagon Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 6 hot dogs, halved and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1142mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 29, 2012
I have made this recipe several times since I first found it and it makes for a good down-home meal. I have received compliments whenever I fix it for family or friends. I agree, it does make good camping fare.
Jul 29, 2010
This chili is great camping fare. The "hot dogs" in the ingredients threw me for a bit until I realized they were frankfurters or wieners only, without the buns (to me a "hot dog" is a frankfurter-in-a-bun sandwich).