Chuck Wagon Mac
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and reserved macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley.
Apr 11, 2010
I omitted the celery because I don't like cooked celery and I added a little bit of sugar to offset the tartness of the tomato sauce. My teen liked it and had seconds. It was good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.