- PUDDING MIX:
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pudding Mix (above)
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Whipped topping and baking cocoa, optional
- Combine mix ingredients; store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1-3/4 cups mix (7 batches of pudding).
Reviews forChocolate Pudding Mix
"I have been making this pudding for years. FYI you can substitute light brown sugar for the white sugar, if you are going to make the actual pudding, and you will have Butterscotch pudding! :-) I guess you could put the brown sugar in a little zip lock bag and place it on top of the other ingredients."
"Do you think the dry milk could be omited and just use milk when you cook the pudding?"
"I love this mix. I keep it on hand at all times. I think it is better than commercial mixes. It tastes wonderful and is easy to make."