My crowd-pleasing party mix is buttery, chocolaty and nutty. The recipe yields a party-size portion, but I recommend keeping it covered so it doesn’t disappear before the event. —Annette Niemiec, Scottsdale, Arizona
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and pecans. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Whisk in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Cook in batches on high in a microwave-safe bowl for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; refrigerate until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Pie Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p32