White Chocolate Cereal Clusters
Just three ingredients and 3 minutes in the microwave are all it takes to make the season bright with this sweet treat.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
MakesAbout 6 cups
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and peanuts. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir until well coated. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand until chocolate is set. Break into small pieces.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 304 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as White Chocolate Cereal Clusters in Country Woman Christmas 2004