Caramel Cashew Clusters
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper and grease paper with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating; stir until smooth. Drop by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand until partially set, about 3 minutes. Top each with six or seven cashews. Let stand until completely set.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Spoon over cashews. Reheat caramel over low heat if it thickens. Melt remaining candy coating; spoon over caramel. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 26, 2016
Excellent and beautiful!! These turtle like candies will go quick. Followed recipe except substituting Carmel bits warmed in microwave. Easy to make and loved by all! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home I enjoy recipes that standout on a cookie tray and taste amazing!
Oct 4, 2013
quick and easy to make. and veryyyyy tasty........
Feb 20, 2013
Made these several times. Tried other nuts pecans, walnuts, peanuts all where very good
Dec 19, 2012
Dec 1, 2012
These are so easy and so delicious! I used my own homemade caramel instead of buying caramel, and they turned out wonderful!
Sep 4, 2012
Am wondering if you could you various chocolate (milk, semi-sweet, dark) in place of the milk chocolate candy coating. These sound great and not too difficult!
Jan 28, 2012
These don't last long when I make them.