Chocolate Pecan Pie Snack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and pecans. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Whisk in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Cook in batches on high in a microwave-safe bowl for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; refrigerate until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 4, 2019
I found the chocolate Chex at Walmart, this snack came together super-easy. Hubby devoured it in a day LOL.
Jun 3, 2019
Couldn't find chocolate Chex but I doubled the honey nut. I used white chocolate chips and this was amazing.
May 27, 2019
I totally echo the sentiments of the previous review!! This is really good!! The only change I made was to use cinnamon Chex in place of the honey nut Chex, my store doesn’t carry the honey nut version. This is sure to become a family favorite. VFE
May 25, 2019
If I say AWESOME or ADDICTIVE, would you believe me? It is all of those things and more. This recipe is sooooo good. I started to halve the recipe but in the end made the entire recipe and so glad I did. I made no changes. It is beyond excellent. Can you tell that I highly recommend this recipe as I munch on more while typing this? Go as fast as you can and make this recipe but I warn you, you won’t be able to stay out of it. Volunteer Field Editor