- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Pat into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 16-20 slices.
Reviews forChocolate Peanut Butter Pizza
"I prepared this recipe for the first time on 1/14/14 for the Cook's Corner Pizza-Theme challenge! I did adapt the recipe by adding 1/2 tsp. salt to the 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour! I also used 1/2 cup CREAMY peanut butter! I greased and floured a 12" foil pizza pan and placed the prepared dough in the pan and spread evenly. I baked 12 minutes as recipe directed, then added the 2 cups miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips. I baked 5 to 8 minutes longer or until marshmallows were puffed and lightly browned. This pizza looked lovely! I'd put the pizza on a baking sheet so that it would be easier to put in and take out of my oven! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I found that I've had to make another adaptation on this recipe and what I'll probably do another time is let the marshmallows go and fold 1 cup chocolate chips in with the batter and melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp. vegetable shortening over boiling water in a double boiler and spread over the cooled pizza. I DID find that the marshmallows came off the pizza as it cooled! They did puff up and brown, but then they got firm and set as they cooled off on the pizza! I DID melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1-1/2 Tbsp. to 1 Tbsp. shortening and over boiling water in a double boiler. I spread over the cooled pizza and it covered what was left of the chocolate-chip-marshmallow topping! delowenstein"
"Made this minus the marshmellows for my SS class. The kids, Pastor and the teen boys who scarfed a piece down LOVED it. I melted choc chips and drizzled it on top and added m&M'S to it. Yumm"