"THESE BROWNIES were enjoyed by everyone at our family's Fourth of July picnic. Mama always said that they didn't need frosting because they were the richest brownies around! I think she was right.
Recommended: Top 10 Brownie Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, divided
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Combine dry ingredients; stir into batter. Fold in half of nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Nut Brownies in Reminisce July/August 1992, p33
Reviews forChocolate Nut Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2012