- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 square (1 ounce) white baking chocolate
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening at 50% powder; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze strawberries for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave white chocolate and remaining shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 9 strawberries.
Reviews forChocolate-Dipped Strawberries
"Super easy and delicious. My boys love them!"