VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 square (1 ounce) white baking chocolate
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening at 50% powder; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze strawberries for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave white chocolate and remaining shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 9 strawberries.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries in Country Woman May/June 2004, p24
Reviews forChocolate-Dipped Strawberries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2014