School: Penn State University
Expertise: Cooking Techniques; Food News; Beer, Wine & Cocktails
- 10 years of writing about food and culinary techniques
- Featured in Taste of Home, Food Network, Food & Wine, Real Simple and more
- WSET Level 2 award in wine and spirits
- Worked for Food Network’s live cooking shows, where she answered culinary questions in real time as the shows filmed
Cooking and writing have been Laura’s passion for 10 years. In addition to Taste of Home, Laura writes about food and culinary arts on sites like Food & Wine, Food Network and Delish. Though she’s a trained professional chef, Laura has branched into the wine and spirits space too. She has worked in multiple vineyards and earned a WSET Level 2 award in wine and spirits. Her work in professional kitchens, love of organizing and eye for the best kitchen products gives her a range of writing experience from cooking techniques to product testing. Outside of work, Laura loves wine tasting, traveling and hanging out with her dog and family.
- Penn State University, bachelor's in journalism
- Institute of Culinary Education, diploma in culinary arts
Taste of Home Editorial Policies
Taste of Home, a Trusted Media Brand, has been a reliable source for recipes, cooking tips and entertaining advice for more than 30 years. Every month, our content inspires well over 20 million home cooks to get creative in the kitchen. Each one of our 40 thousand recipes has gone through a rigorous testing and approval process to ensure we’re sharing the very best. Every snack, ingredient and product we recommend is tested by our team of culinary experts and professional product testers—the best of the best earn our Test Kitchen-Preferred seal of approval. Learn more about Taste of Home and our Test Kitchen and editorial teams.