Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Split chilies; rinse and remove seeds. Dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with cheeses.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk and biscuit mix. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 352 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 6, 2012
I made it as directed the first time and wasn't very impressed with the flavor. The second time I roasted and peeled 3 pablano peppers in place of the canned green chilies. It was much tastier! I can't wait to try with chicken also.
Sep 6, 2009
Would love to have the nutrition number for this dish. JOB73
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.