Chicken with Rosemary Butter Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in rosemary and remaining butter until blended. Serve sauce with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 351 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2018
I doubled the sauce using the chicken broth. I also added some fresh chives and fresh parsley and served with asparagus. My chicken was frozen so I cut it into small pieces. I think I would have preferred the larger pieces as the small pieces dried out a bit. However, it was still very good. I served it with fettuccini noodles. will make again.
May 9, 2017
Delicious, quick, and easy recipe that seems it took much time to prepare. I did add one tablespoon of flour mixed with a bit of water to thicken the sauce. This will be a repeat at our house!!!
Mar 4, 2017
Absolutely fantastic recipe! Will be making it again!
Nov 10, 2016
This recipe is so simple and makes for a fast dinner, any night of the week! Serve it with a side of pasta and you have a filling meal that everyone can agree on.
Oct 19, 2016
I doubled the sauce and served it with rice and it was delicious
Oct 2, 2016
This was absolutely delicious. Sauce would have been awesome over noodles so next time that's what I plan on doing!
Aug 12, 2016
This recipe is "The Bomb-Diggity"!!!! Restaurant quality in the comforts of your own home. This will be my "Go To" recipe, especially around the busy holiday season. Made a TOH peach pie to finish off the meal. Thanks Connie and TOH for making my meal preparation such a delight. Yum!
Mar 2, 2016
SO good! Even my picky eaters liked it!
Nov 5, 2015
I am not sure what I did, but this sauce was much too thin to serve with the chicken. I followed the recipe exact. I do not think I will make this again.
Oct 19, 2015
Quick, easy & phenomenal!!!