- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups bulgur
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook and stir the carrots, onion, nuts, caraway seeds and cumin for 3-4 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Stir in bulgur. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add the raisins, salt, cinnamon and chicken. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Bulgur Skillet
"I loved this and so easy to prepare! I used sliced pecans instead of walnuts because that's what I had in pantry. Served with Mae Ploy sauce. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!"
"I made this just as suggested and it was wonderful. It was very easy and so tasty. I really loved this one."
"Delicious, easy and low in Carbs"
"I'm trying to include more grains and less potatoes/pasta in our meals. I had purchased bulgur and gotten chicken out of the freezer for dinner. I searched for someway to use them together and found this recipe. It was easy to make as a week night meal and I paired it with steamed broccoli. I doubled the cumin and cinnamon because we love cumin and such a small amount of cinnamon would have little impact. I also used currents instead of raisins and increased the amount to about 1/4 cup. My 11 year old enjoyed it...said it reminded her of the flavors of oatmeal. I reheated leftovers for lunch, which worked well. But I also think you could eat it as a cold salad.Bulgur should be with the grains in the grocery store. Trader Joes carries it now (that's what I used) and it should be readily available in a natural foods store as well. It may be labled "bulgur wheat"."
"I second patriciasfrick's question.What is bulgur and where (what part of grocery store) do you find it?"
"Delicious and easy to prepare meal! I love new ways to prepare bulgur and this is now a favorite for my family."
"What is bulgur and where (what part of grocery store) do you find it?"