My family is happy when I serve barbecued chicken at unexpected times throughout the year. I'm glad to do it...the use of foil in this oven version means no mess!
Recommended: 55 Labor Day Grilling Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Place 2 pieces of chicken in the center of each piece of foil; fold up edges to hold sauce. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the chicken and crimp tightly to prevent leaks.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Carefully open packets and turn down foil. Broil chicken for 5 minutes or until browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Barbecued in Foil in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p65
Reviews forChicken Barbecued in Foil
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review