- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter; drain. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine or broth, garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve chicken and sauce over noodles or rice. Garnish with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken and Noodles with Mushroom Sauce
"I didn't use the mushrooms and used chicken broth. I used a garlic spice, and I just felt it lacked some punch. Used whole wheat egg noodles. I think next time I'll use cream cheese instead just to make the sauce a bit thicker."
"I made this for a large group of people (I tripled the recipe) and everyone loved it; even the kids!"
"Very easy. I served it with stove top stuffing and used the sauce over stuffing. Made it super simple."
"I've made this recipe many times. We love it served over rice. This is my teenaged daughter's favorite dish!"
"This is delicious! I left out the mushrooms and almonds though. I will be putting this into the rotation."