Chicken & Wild Rice Strudels
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the first six ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush lightly with melted butter. Layer with five additional sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Spoon half of the rice mixture down the center of the phyllo dough to within 1 in. of ends. Fold up short sides to enclose filling. Roll up tightly, starting with a long side.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Brush with additional butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 323 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
Quick and easy to do. I used colby cheese instead of swiss because one member doesn't like swiss. This was the only change I made.
Feb 10, 2018
So yummy! I cooked chicken breasts in the microwave and I used vegan cheese for a lactose intolerant family member. This is the 2nd time I've made this and I'll keep it in the meal rotation.
Apr 19, 2017
This was quick to make and very good. I also used chicken I had from the night before. It was my first time using phyllo and I had no problems with it. I served it with a green salad. Good meal for game night.
Feb 8, 2015
Wow just made these and they are delicious! I chopped chicken I made from day before. It was my first time using phyllo, which as I was making it I thought I'd never use it again, until I ate it.....so GOOD!
Feb 2, 2015
Delicious! Subbed co-Jack cheese as that's what I had on hand and it was great!
Feb 1, 2015
Excellent....I am not a fan of swiss cheese so I used mozzarella instead.
Jan 31, 2015
easy and good
Jan 29, 2015
Easy, quick and tasty!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.