- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- For dressing, whisk together first four ingredients. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add celery, cranberries and almonds; toss with dressing. Gently stir in cherries.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCherry Waldorf Salad
"I made this, and it was very easy to create, but the dressing wasn't good. It had a "tang" to it, and I just couldn't eat it. I like the ingredients, but once the dressing went on, it wasn't good. Sorry!"
"Delicious. If you're on a budget I recommend using extra cranberries."
"The price of cherries made me opt for cherry-flavored Craisins and they were excellent. (And I am not much of a raisin fan!) Walnuts and pecans both work well with this recipe."