- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; spoon over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCheesecake Pumpkin Muffins
"I added some extra seasoning, and these were fantastic! Very tender and full of flavor."
"These muffins were a big hit with my co-workers. They take some time to put together, but worth it in the end. Yum!"
"Simply amazing! These muffins are wonderful!"
"I added double strength vanilla to batter and cream cheese filling. Delicious."
"fantastic. I would also double the praline topping next time and add pumpkin pie spice."
"Absolutely terrific recipe. I made these for the crew I work with and the men came back asking for the recipe. Nice texture, the cream cheese filling stays soft even the muffins are cool, and the praline topping is terrific. I doubled it the second time I made the recipe for even more crunch and flavor."
"Absolutely delicious! Made these for my family and they loved them."
"These were very tasty and moist! I used almost all applesauce instead of oil, and I added some allspice, cloves and vanilla. Thank you for sharing!"
"mmmmm. yum add a bit of nutmeg"