- 6 large russet potatoes
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside. Place pulp in a bowl; add cream and mash. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, mushrooms, garlic salt, basil and oregano. Set aside 2 tablespoons bacon; stir the remaining bacon into potato mixture.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4-1/2 minutes or bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheddar-Mushroom Stuffed Potatoes
"This is really good, not having whipping cream i used sour cream and it was good - love - mushroomns and potatoes - with extras it was even good the next day"