These appealing carrots from Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut are simple, yet savory. Just steam and toss with Veronica’s homemade rosemary butter. Voila!
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Carrots with Rosemary Butter in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p44
Reviews forCarrots with Rosemary Butter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2010
"This is a simple recipe but so good! I will be making it again and again.Next time I will try adding tarragon or basil instead of dill, just for a different taste."