Caribbean Bread Pudding
A completely unexpected dessert from the slow cooker, my bread pudding is loaded with wonderful tropical flavors. I like to garnish it with a slice of fresh pineapple, whipped cream and a cherry—just like a pina colada! —Elizabeth Doss, California City, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 large firm bananas, halved
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup light rum, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and pineapple; set aside. In a blender, combine the bananas, milk, pina colada mix, pineapple juice, eggs, cream of coconut and, if desired, rum. Cover and process until smooth.
- Place two-thirds of the bread in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with 1 cup raisin mixture. Layer with remaining bread and raisin mixture. Pour banana mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream and cherries if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients): 245 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Caribbean Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.