Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil, letting foil extend over sides by 1 in.; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in prepared pan; sprinkle with marshmallows.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon butter mixture over marshmallows. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake 14-16 minutes or until browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift cookies out of pan. Cut into triangles; discard foil.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces : 110 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 21, 2017
Discustingly good...and EASY to make!!
May 9, 2017
I fixed these when they first appeared in TOH. They were a hit!
Apr 24, 2017
I used 2 cups of chopped pecans and about 2 cups of marshmallows. They are delicious!
Dec 11, 2014
I have made these many times since they appeared in the Taste of Home magazine. They are quick, easy and never fail. I will advise measuring the interior of your pan. I have two pans sold as 15x10. One measures 15x10 on the interior and one measures 15x10 on the exterior which makes it smaller. I like to use my (larger) 15x10 pan and increase the butter and sugar to 1 cup each.
Dec 10, 2014
I have made Carmel Heavenlies many times. The first time was when I received "Taste of Home" magazine. I took them to a bake sale and included the recipe . Was a great hit..
Nov 30, 2014
Tastes OK but is very messy and crumblyWould not make again
Jul 10, 2014
A very rich dessert. My grandmother has had a recipe for something similar with graham crackers, the butter sauce and sliced almonds baked like this one that my family has always loved. This one is has the added coconut, marshmallows and cinnamon. I will make it again.
Dec 19, 2013
These are easy and very yummy,,I always spray the foil with pam.They are always a hit
Dec 12, 2013
Dec 12, 2013
Good but real sweet cut into small sections. A little goes a long way!s came back to give more stars. It grew on me and I was sad it was gone, I'm making more. I did not like that it was sticky did not come out like a hard bar but was tasty
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.