Caramel Marshmallow Delights
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) Rice Krispies
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Place cereal in a shallow bowl; set aside. In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, combine the milk, butter and caramels, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- With a fork, quickly dip marshmallows into hot mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal. Place on a foil-lined pan; chill for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and refrigerate in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 93 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 24, 2015
My Grandma used to make these all of the time. I have her recipe and have never seen this recipe anywhere until today. She also used to use crushed walnuts instead of rice krispies, they were good that way too.
Jan 13, 2015
These were a hit at a recent get together. The crunchiness of the Rice Krispies and the sweetness of the caramel and marshmallow are a perfect combination!
Dec 15, 2013
These are delicious! You need to keep heating up the caramel or it gets clumpy. This will definitely be one of the favorites this year.
Oct 14, 2012
This is one of my favourite recipes and now my neices have taken it and are making it for their friends
Nov 10, 2010
This is in answer to a previous review regarding "soggy crisped rice". I have not made this recipe but am planning on making it for my granddaughter with a slight change in recipe. Instead of rice crispy cereal I will use toasted coconut which is her favorite. If you store these in an airtight container the cereal will become soggy. You must sore these covered but not airtight.
Nov 4, 2010
Great recipe but I think it should have said to cut the marshmallows in half? Mine only make 31 large marshmallows -- not 5-6 dozen like the recipe states.
Dec 6, 2009
Is just the place you live, I live in a very dry area, so if I were going to leave any bread, or cookies, or things like this one without covering it, it would become hard as a rock. At least I know I can put a slice of apple or a piece of bread to keep it moist. But to accomplish the oposite, I do not know.
Dec 1, 2009
I have made this over & over again. It is always a hit. The only problem I ever had = the cereal turns a bit soggy after a day in the container.