Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with milk. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe filling into pastry cups. Cool to room temperature.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat shortening and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and milk until fluffy. Pipe onto filling. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 18, 2018
Did you all use unsalted or salted butter?
Nov 4, 2016
Oh, wow. These are so good and easy to make. They don't last long on the plate! Will be making these again for the holidays!
Dec 16, 2013
Delicious! Made these for a Christmas dessert plate and they were the first things to disappear! I will definitely make them again!
Dec 18, 2009
I've been looking for this recipe for 2 years! They are delicious. The only thing - my first batch the cup disappeared because I didn't press the dough thin enough on the bottom and sides.