Caramel-Apple Shortbread Cookies
There is nothing like seeing my friends almost melt to the floor when they bite into something I made. These cookies never fail to elicit oohs and aahs. —Amber Taylor, Lenoir City, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apple chips
- 15 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Additional finely chopped dried apple chips, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon until blended. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1/3 cup apple chips.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. apple-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels with cream and remaining cinnamon over medium heat, stirring frequently. Drizzle over cookies. If desired, sprinkle with additional apple chips. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 110 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.