- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs; coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the chicken. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBruschetta Chicken for Four
"I recall using this recipe from Taste of Home and using a 14.5 to 15-oz. can of Italian-diced tomatoes, drained,( instead of the 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped) and 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, the flour, 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, the 2 beaten eggs, the chicken breasts, 1 Tbsp. butter OR margarine, melted, 1 Tbsp. canola oil, the garlic cloves, salt and pepper.I didn't use basil. I dipped the chicken in flour, then eggs and coated with the bread crumb mixture. I drizzled with butter. I'd baked for at least 45 minutes or until chicken was fork-tender. After combining the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper, I spooned over the chicken and returned to the oven for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through. It's a really tasty recipe, too! Thank you for sharing it!delowenstein"
"This was different and good. My husband seemed to like this better than I did."
"Have made a number of times and glad you had the recipe on line since we are on vacation in FL and did not have it with us. We have to entertain and thought this would be the best to serve."
"Excellent! I used Pablo bread crumbs for an extra crunch."
"Absolutely delicious!!! I have made it several times. It is very fresh tasting. I leave out the salt and do not miss it at all."
"very easy to make, and tasted delish!"
"My family liked this dish very much my sons girlfriend asked for the recipe and she made it my son told her just like mom's thank you for sharing your recipe!!!!"
"I am semi new to the kitchen. This just made my first time making breaded chicken most memorable! First time was a charm thanks to this recipe! Thanks"
"Very good! Made as is."