- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat egg and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBrownie Cupcakes
"I have made these several times and they are always a hit."
"Can the pecans be substituted by almonds?Because my little sister is allergic to pecans and walnuts."
"This is a fun novelty dessert. The brownie cupcakes are tasty, but a little more basic than other brownie recipes I've tried. I also used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips, which melted smoothly with the butter. I baked the brownie cupcakes at 350 degree opposed to 325 degrees. They cooked quickly and had a nice texture to them."
"I always triple this recipe to make a dozen. I also recommend using good quality chocolate chips- I like to use Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips. I have used toasted pecans or walnuts-so good! The last time I added 1/2 cup toasted coconut-even better!!!!! These freeze well-if you don't eat them all first. Also pretty with a small amount of chocolate frosting piped in the middle of each and some white sprinkles to top it off!"
"quick, simple, tasty. I replaced the pecans with almonds and it worked great. I love that you don't need any icing to make it work, just the basics."
"These are really awesome! Mona"
"Loved it! It made 12 mini muffins. I topped it off with coolwhip and bluberries and some with strawberries. Definitely worth making again."
"Loved it! It made 12 mini muffins. I topped it off with coolwhip and bluberries and some with strawberries. Definitely worth doubling the recipe. Thanks for sharing!"
"These cupcakes are not only simple to make but they taste delicious! We do not like the nuts so left those out and we love them. I will be making these brownie cupcakes again. Note: These would be great to make for a bake sale."