- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in.. greased pan. Chill. Combine lime gelatin and 1-1/2 cups boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into an oiled 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan; chill until very firm. Repeat for strawberry and orange gelatins. Soften the unflavored gelatin in cold water. Boil pineapple juice; stir into unflavored gelatin. Set aside until slightly thickened. Place whipped topping in a large bowl; gently fold in pineapple juice mixture. When flavored gelatins are firm, cut into 1-in. cubes; gently fold into whipped topping mixture. Spoon over crust. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forBroken Glass Dessert
"My mom made this often before she passed, but I never got her recipe. Thanks Angela for sharing it here!"
"This recipe always goes over well, especially with kids but adults love it too. I have used other gelatin flavors such as cherry and lemon."
"This is such a great dessert to eat. It's worth the little bit of extra work to make it. One of my favorites."