Winner’s Trophy Dessert
Lemon and orange gelatin make these tangy trophies simple, but vanilla ice cream and mandarin oranges are what really get the crowd cheering.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Whisk in ice cream until blended. Pour into 4-oz. stemmed glasses. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in cold water and oranges. Chill for 2 hours or until partially set. Pour over the lemon layer. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt may not be used in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Winner's Trophy Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Feb 21, 2014
This is an easy dessert to make but allow for chill time and plan ahead if you want it with your meal.
May 17, 2012
we loved this! very refreshing.
Jul 1, 2008
How simple but elegant looking. I'll be trying this soon for sure.Sincerely,