Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping; spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2018
What a yummy dessert and easy to make. The crust is so good. Everyone loved it.
May 29, 2018
Great recipe! I did follow someone’s suggestion of a graham cracker crust, only because it’s too hot to turn on my oven! :)
May 30, 2017
Sure Sarah! You could make it 2 or 3 days ahead, if you do be sure to put the berries on closer to serving time. Overnight would be fine but sooner might cause the strawberries to get too soft and maybe run.
May 28, 2017
Can you make this the night before?
Jul 5, 2016
This was a great hit for the 4th of July. My husband thought it was awesome. It was easy to make and taste fabulous. :~))
Jul 4, 2015
I made this for the 4th of July. it was an instant hit! I used white chocolate And cheesecake instant pudding. Very good and very easy!
Jul 5, 2014
Seems like a simple project
May 29, 2012
We loved it. It is the same recipe I have made for years except for the fruit. I will make it again and with different fruit.
Apr 28, 2012
so easy and the whole family loves it ! it is make for more that the 4th of july .... love it !!
Jul 5, 2011
The whole family loved this. Requested it more often than 4th of July.