Patriotic Ice Cream Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 quarts blue moon ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 36 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill prepared cups about one-third full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 11-14 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Working quickly, spread ice cream onto cupcakes. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Place marshmallow creme in a large bowl. Add whipping cream; beat until blended and stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread over cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles. Serve immediately or freeze until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 220 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 30, 2016
What a hit! I used Vanilla ice cream instead, to get the RED WHITE AND BLUE EFFECT!
Jun 22, 2016
These are a cute idea. I only filled the muffin pan about a quarter of the way to leave room for the ice cream. I also just tinted vanilla ice cream blue. My kids loved their little ice cream cakes.
Jul 11, 2015
I used birthday cake ice cream and it worked great. Once it is softened and stirred together it is all blue. I agree, don't fill the muffin pans too full or there is no room for the ice cream.
May 21, 2013
Love it! So simple and cute.
May 10, 2013
The recipe was good but they took a long time to make.
Jan 5, 2013
My family loved these!
Oct 25, 2012
A little disappointed in the recipe. Like a lot of other people if I ever did it again I would only fill the cups about 1/4 full or so. Filling them half way I thought was too much, but considering it was my first time making cupcakes I figured since CW published the recipe they must of have tried it out first, and my cake mix only yielded 24 cups not 36 like it says. And my frosting didn't turn out at all, even after trying it twice. So I went and bought cream cheese frosting and put that on the cupcakes that I *didn't* try to put ice cream on.
Sep 26, 2012
These were so good, that my daughter asked for them instead of cake for her birthday!
Jul 4, 2012
This was a huge, huge hit when I made it for Memorial Day. Even my younger brother, who never eats dessert, had thirds and even fourths! Highly reccommended :)
Jul 1, 2012