- 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews forBread Machine Wheat Bread
"Saturday morning 'ritual;' fresh baked bread. Kids packed into the kitchen waiting.... waiting ... slab of butter and home made jam(s). In a couple of cases I had NO IDEA who they were; but at table, neat tydie."
"Would anyone use Vital Gluten Flour in the recipe?"
"This was a delicious bread loaf. I will be making this again, thanks for sharing!!"
"Made this today and it came out perfect. I will definitely make it again. I used all whole grain bread flour instead of a combination of flours."
"This is now my favorite! But I do make one change..I use two cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup bread flour. Next time I am going to substitute molasses for the honey....I'll post the result.. It makes a fine crumb, moist loaf"
"This recipe turned out really well. It rose well and was moist and spongy. I am allergic to dairy, so I made a few alterations. I subbed almond milk for milk and coconut oil for butter."
"I made this two days ago, using white whole wheat flour for the whole wheat called for, and I subbed brown sugar for the honey that I discovered I was out of! The bread turned out wonderfully, and it has stayed pretty fresh stored sliced in a gallon zipper bag."