Bourbon Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bourbon, optional
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon syrup and salt. If desired, stir in bourbon. Coat bacon with brown sugar mixture. Place on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon syrup, 1 tablespoon mustard and both types of pepper; stir until smooth. Chop bacon finely; fold half into egg yolk mixture. Spoon or pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and chives. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 107 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 2, 2016
I made these as directed. Very good flavor..My husband added some pickled jalepano slices to the tops of his egg halves...I thought that was tasty too!!! Thank you for the recipe as I will make these again
Oct 3, 2016
I made 3 dozen of these for a surprise 50th birthday party for a co-worker. Because of various minor household emergencies I couldn't get started on them until a few hours later than I'd initially intended, so I added a few thinly sliced green onions to the filling, sprinkled the filled eggs with some smoked paprika, and called it a day. They were still very delicious, and when I gave my daughter a slice of the bacon to munch on, her eyes got wide and she said, "OMG, Mom, you have to make this again!"And the co-workers hoovered them up. Did use bourbon. I don't drink it so I had to shell out $2 for an airplane-size bottle of Jim Beam, but it was well worth it.
Apr 1, 2016
Very tasty! I didn't use the bourbon; and substituted Morning Star Soy Bacon for the bacon. Thank you, Colleen, for sharing this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.