Bourbon-Soaked Bacon and Ginger Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. The bourbon-soaked bacon adds a smoky, savory, bold taste to normal cinnamon rolls. The ginger and pecan topping makes for a crunchy, spicy finish. —Shannen Casey, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Place bacon in a shallow dish; add bourbon. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Remove bacon and pat dry; discard bourbon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until nearly crisp but still pliable. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 teaspoon drippings.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate dough into eight rolls, reserving icing packet. Unroll spiral rolls into long strips; pat dough to form 6x1-in. strips. Place one bacon strip on each strip of dough, trimming bacon as needed, then reroll forming a spiral. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pecans and maple syrup. In another bowl, stir together ginger with contents of icing packet. In same skillet, heat remaining bacon drippings over medium heat. Add pecans; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle icing over warm cinnamon rolls; top with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 267 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Soaked Bacon and Ginger Cinnamon Rolls in Taste of Home Feb/Mar 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.