Air Fryer Bourbon Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. The bourbon-soaked bacon adds a smoky, savory, bold taste to cinnamon rolls. The ginger and pecan topping makes for a crunchy, spicy finish. —Shannen Casey, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min./batch
- 8 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Place bacon in a shallow dish; add bourbon. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Remove bacon and pat dry; discard bourbon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until nearly crisp but still pliable. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 teaspoon drippings.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. Separate dough into eight rolls, reserving icing packet. Unroll spiral rolls into long strips; pat dough to form 6x1-in. strips. Place one bacon strip on each strip of dough, trimming bacon as needed; reroll, forming a spiral. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer four rolls to the air fryer basket; cook 5 minutes. Turn rolls over and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pecans and maple syrup. In another bowl, stir ginger together with contents of icing packet. In same skillet, heat remaining bacon drippings over medium heat. Add pecan mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle half of icing over warm cinnamon rolls; top with half of pecans. Repeat to make a second batch.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 267 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Soaked Bacon and Ginger Cinnamon Rolls in What Can I Cook In My ...