Air-Fryer Bourbon Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. The bourbon-soaked bacon adds a smoky, savory, bold taste to cinnamon rolls. The ginger and pecan topping makes for a crunchy, spicy finish. —Shannen Casey, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min./batch
- 8 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Place bacon in a shallow dish; add bourbon. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Remove bacon and pat dry; discard bourbon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until nearly crisp but still pliable. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 teaspoon drippings.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. Separate dough into 8 rolls, reserving icing packet. Unroll spiral rolls into long strips; pat dough to form 6x1-in. strips. Place 1 bacon strip on each strip of dough, trimming bacon as needed; reroll, forming a spiral. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer 4 rolls to the air-fryer basket; cook 5 minutes. Turn rolls over and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pecans and maple syrup. In another bowl, stir ginger together with contents of icing packet. In same skillet, heat remaining bacon drippings over medium heat. Add pecan mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle half the icing over warm cinnamon rolls; top with half the pecans. Repeat to make a second batch.
Test Kitchen tip