- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups pureed unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine eggs and milk; stir in sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, about 14 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallows until melted. Set saucepan in ice and stir the mixture for 5-10 minutes or until cool. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to freeze, pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Reviews forBest Strawberry Ice Cream
"Best ice cream recipe that I've found. Looking forward to trying other fruits with it."
"This recipe is awful!! I knew adding marshmallows was a mistake. It had a chalky aftertaste. I took one taste... Threw everything out and deleted the recipe. What a waste of ingredients and time!!"
"Very good! A hit at a friends get together. I think I will try it with peaches. Since I didn't plan ahead, I cooled it for a period in the freezer rather than cooling overnight and had no problem."
"Great flavor. I did have a little trouble getting the mini marshmallows to melt down. I finally used a whisk and that broke them down so they would blend smoothly."
"used marshmallow creme isnstead its amazing"