Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Process: 25 min.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries (about 12 ounces), halved
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place first 6 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add cream, processing just until combined. Remove to a bowl; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 4 hours.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.)
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 160 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 22, 2019
I made it with cocunut milk. Was a great hit with adults and kids at our party.
Mar 12, 2019
Jun 20, 2018
I made this almost exactly as written. I did not have heavy cream...so I used half n half...it is amazing. Adding that little bit of lemon added amazing flavor. It is rich and creamy...and taste so amazing.
May 28, 2018
I made this exactly as written, and it was delicious! I happened to have everything in the fridge, and I love making the beautiful cover recipes from the magazines. This was a perfectly refreshing warm weather treat!
May 6, 2018
Made it this morning. In place of lemon juice, we switched to lime, using the juice from two and added the zest. Oh My Gosh! Talk about yummy!
Apr 24, 2018
This has a wonderful strawberry flavor and is not too sweet. It is easy to prepare. It did not all fit in my ice cream maker, so I had to freeze it in two batches.