Field editor Sharon Manus of Smyrna, Tennessee seasons beef patties with onion, fresh mushrooms and golden mushroom soup. The tasty entree makes a quick and hearty meal when served over mashed potatoes with a salad or veggie on the side.
Recommended: 20 Old-World Polish Recipes Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties until browned on both sides until meat is no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the soup, water and mushrooms; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Patties with Gravy in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p11