VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste, optional
- Quarter onion halfway through and open slightly. Place on an 18-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Place butter in center of onion; sprinkle with seasonings. Fold foil to seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until onion is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Baked Vidalia Onion in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p12