- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and halved
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- Place pear halves, cut side up, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place butter in the center of each; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears. Top with marmalade. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBaked Pears
"I really like how easy it was to prepare this dessert. I did not have any orange marmalade so I substituted apple butter. I also omitted the cinnamon and sugar since the apple butter has it. I only used enough butter and apple butter to fit in the hole where I removed the seeds. Still really sweet but I would make again."
"These came out tasting great, but mine were not lovely like the ones in the picture. The melting butter largely washed the topping off the pears. I might make it again, but with much less butter and marmalade.I could see serving it over waffles. It really wasn't the pretty dessert I had in mind."