Avocado Romaine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash seasoned salt
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, quartered and sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, whisk together first seven ingredients. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 257 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 27, 2013
Add Chicken cubes.
Dec 12, 2012
Just lose the onions! Every recipe does not need onions.
Aug 28, 2009
Just wondered if you could leave out the blue cheese or substitute something else.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.